Thursday, August 28, 2014

Just Thoughts

Hello, friends. As you may notice, I have not updated my blog in a while now. I've had a pretty tough couple of weeks, and I'm feeling very physically and emotionally raw. I have been debating whether or not just to give up the blog already. I don't say that because I'm looking for any encouragement - just being honest.

I've had a lot of thoughts flowing through my brain, but I am choosing not to write them out. I feel like anything I have to say is going to turn out sounding boo hoo, and I hate that! So, please be patient with me as I sort out my brain and make some decisions.

In order to not have a whiny poor me post, I thought I would share another hobby with you. For many years, I have enjoyed photography very much, and in the last year or so, I have been taking my own photos and editing them in all sorts of ways, and then putting a Bible verse on it. I've done several that are not particularly good, and then some that are fairly good. Here is one of my favorites:

I like it because it's one of my first drawings. If you ignore her goofy shaped arm, it's not bad. I like the scripty writing I chose for the verse, and I have had it as the lock screen on my phone as a reminder!

Since I've been feeling sort of frustrated and self centered, I've decided to do a whole series of scripture art, using verses from the Psalms. I plan to choose whatever verse particularly catches my attention, but I will go through each chapter in order. What better way to get over myself than to read and meditate on the precious truths found in the Psalms! So, here is my first one. It's not the best ever, but I love it, because it is a photograph I took, and then I used this cool overlay to make it look like a painting!

I never seem to get my photos lined up right. But I don't care. This is a verse we should all remember, every single day.

Until next time, my lovely readers - please take time to meditate on the word of God. It truly is a precious gift to us as believers!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment